(Chogoria / Sirimon North Face Standard Route)
Day 1 - Arrive in Nairobi and be met at Jomo Kenyatta Airport for arrival formalities. If arriving during the day, you may opt to immediately proceed to Chogoria or alternatively spend the night in Nairobi if arriving in the evening.
Overnight: Fairview Hotel (http://www.fairviewkenya.com/facilities/)
Meal plan: Bed & breakfast
Day 2 - Morning departure from Nairobi and drive for 3 and half hours to Chogoria. On arrival in Chogoria town, drive further in a 4x4 vehicle half way to Chogoria Park Gate. Descend from vehicle and have a guided walk for 2 hrs to the main Chogoria Park gate. The walk will be through the bamboo forest and will be start of your acclimatising hike.
Day 3 - After breakfast you will walk for 3- 4 hrs to Lake Ellis where you relax for lunch. Lunch is followed by a walk to Mugii hill; if the day will be clear superb views on the Eastern side of the mountain are breathtaking.
Day 4 - Walk from Lake Ellis 6-5 hrs to Minto Camp (Halls Tarn) 4200 mtrs
Day 5 - Early morning leave Mintos hike to Point Lenana 4985 mtrs, then proceed to Shiptons camp for overnight
Day 6 - This day could be used as your rest day or could also be used to walk to the climbing base where we meet the technical guide. You will then have a small briefing of the climb and have some time to sort out rock climbing equipment.
Day 7 - Proceed to the base of the climb and start rock climbing by the north face standard route starting early in the morning with breaks for meals.
Day 8 - Reserved as climbing day
Day 9 - Reserved as climbing day
Day 10 - Early morning departure from Shiptons camp and leisurely walk to Sirimon Park Gate where you meet your return transfer back to Nairobi. On arrival in Nairobi, you may choose to fly out or relax in a hotel in the city.
End of climb
Cost: from $2,075 (2pax)
What is included?
- All road transfers from Nairobi and back
- 1 night in Nairobi at Fairview Hotel on bed & breakfast
- Park fees for entry into the park
- Accommodation in mountain huts / tents where applicable
- 3 well balanced meals a day during the trek (vegetarian / non vegetarian)
- Experienced mountain guide, porters, chef and technical guide for Batian climb
What is NOT included?
- Optional last night in Nairobi at preferred hotel
- Personal climbing equipment as per the climbing checklist
- Tips for the team (mountain guide, chef, porters, e.t.c.)
- Travel insurance
- Any other item not included in itinerary